Former Parade and Model Home
Elegant Finishes Throughout
Offered at $925,000
Gated porte-cochère, with private courtyard & parking. Four bedrooms. 3.5 baths. 12’ ceilings. Crown moldings. Paneled woodwork. Hunter Douglas pleated shades. Hardwood floors. Two fireplaces. Gourmet kitchen. Owner’s suite. Home theatre. Established trees. Professionally designed gardens. All are found in this elegant French country home.
The first floor features a two story foyer, formal dining room with wainscoting and double trey ceiling, dual Butler’s pantry, Study with built-in bookcases, large family room with gas fireplace, gourmet kitchen, breakfast area, powder room with chandelier, elegant Master Suite and laundry room.
On the second floor are three bedrooms, each with a walk-in closet, two full baths, a media room and large bonus room. The unfinished, 1,500 sq. ft. third floor can be converted to a fifth bedroom.
Outdoor living space includes both covered and open patios, and a fireplace.
Adjacent to 5,579 acre William B. Umstead State Park, this property is conveniently located to Rex Hospital, Wake Med, I-40 and I-440, Research Triangle Park, RDU Airport and Raleigh.
- Four bedrooms, 3.5 baths
- 4,899 heated square feet
- 12’ ceilings downstairs, 10’ ceilings up
- Hardwoods on first floor, stairs and second floor hallway
- Hunter Douglas Duette pleated shades
- UV protective film on all transom windows
- Crown molding, paneled doors and woodwork
- Wide hallways
- Two fireplaces … one double-sided
- Central vacuum
Foyer / Family Room / Study
- Iron Chandelier
- Wide stairway with wrought iron railing detail
- Gas fireplace and ceiling fan in Family Room
- Built-in bookcases in Study
Kitchen / Breakfast Area
- Wide galley-type kitchen
- Double French Doors open to private porch
- Glass-front cabinet doors
- Granite countertops, cultured marble backsplash
- Six burner Professional Thermador range
- Thermador microwave
- Samsung refrigerator with drawer, ice maker and water dispenser
- Bosch dishwasher
- Wine cooler
- Butler’s Pantry with Coffee Bar
- Spacious walk-in Pantry with built-ins
- Second Butler’s Pantry with cookbook station and storage
- Skylights and ceiling fan in Breakfast Area
- Double tray ceiling
- Double French doors open onto private porch
- Remote controlled retractable screen
- Triple tray ceiling
- Four panel window with remote controlled shade
- Well-appointed Master closet
- Air-jetted tub
- Separate vanities, hers with lowered makeup area, with marble countertop
- Rain shower and handheld shower massage
- Glass tiles in shower and decorative privacy window above tub
Media & Bonus Rooms
- Large home theater, with 100” screen
- Remote control of audio, video, and lighting
Bedrooms & Baths
- Ceiling fans, carpeting and walk-in closets in all upstairs bedrooms
- Built-in desk, with hutch and lighting, in one upstairs bedroom
- Chandelier and marble top vanity in Powder Room
- Ceramic tile in all upstairs baths
- Granite countertop with large laundry sink and abundant cabinetry
- Private courtyard and parking
- Two car attached garage
- One car detached garage, with pull down privacy screen
- Phantom retractable screens on house side door and garage doors
- Recessed stamped concrete porch
- Stamped concrete patio
- Remote controlled Phantom screen reflects heat and provides privacy
- Double sided fireplace with gas logs
- Dual zone HVAC
- Gas, forced-air furnace
- Two gas hot water heaters
- Recirculating pump for nearly instantaneous hot water
- Large, flat, private lot
- Established privacy with 30+ trees
- Professional landscape plan approved by HOA
- Solar lighting in garden, up-lighting of front trees and selected spot lighting
- Lawn & landscape irrigation system
- Perennial planting beds throughout
Privacy and Security
- Remote controlled entry gate
- Fenced back yard
- Three-panel Honeywell security system
- LED Motion lights on garages, courtyard and backyard
- Handsome clubhouse and community pool
- Upgraded street lights and extensive common area
- HOA dues $150 monthly
- The Hamptons at Umstead
Click here for a Virtual Tour of this property.
Click on image to enlarge.
Driving Distances from 789 Main Street, Raleigh:
- NC State Campus … 6 miles
- Downtown Raleigh … 9 miles
- RDU Airport … 11 miles
- Research Triangle Park …14 miles
- UNC Campus & Hospital… 25 miles
- Duke Campus & Medical Center … 26 miles
- Wilmington (“the Coast”) … 146 miles
- Charlotte … 163 miles
- Asheville (“the Mountains”) … 244 miles
The Wake County Public School System is a public school district located in Wake County, North Carolina. With ~150,000 students enrolled in 171 schools, it is the largest public school district in North Carolina and the 16th largest district in the United States.
The residents of 789 Main Street attend Stough Elementary School, Daniels Middle School and Broughton High School.
NC State University
As a land-grant institution, NC State itself was born as an idea: that higher education should bring economic, societal and intellectual prosperity to the masses. From its origins teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts, NCSU has grown to become a pre-eminent research enterprise that advances knowledge in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles and veterinary medicine.
NC State students, faculty and staff take problems in hand and work with industry, government and nonprofit partners to solve them. 34,000-plus high-performing students apply what they learn in the real world, through research, internships, co-ops and world-changing service. That experiential education ensures they leave with career-ready skills. And those skills come at a reasonable cost: NC State consistently rates as one of the best values in higher education.
University of North Carolina
UNC-Chapel Hill, the nation’s first public university, ranks among the world’s leading research universities. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, Carolina regularly ranks as the best value for academic quality in U.S. public higher education.
Now in its third century, the University offers 78 bachelor’s, 112 master’s, 68 doctorate and seven professional degree programs through 14 schools and the College of Arts and Sciences. More than 29,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students learn from a faculty of 3,600. Every day, faculty, staff and students shape their teaching, research and public service to meet North Carolina’s most pressing needs in all 100 counties. Carolina’s 282,886 alumni live in all 50 states and more than 140 countries.
Younger than most other prestigious U.S. research universities, Duke University consistently ranks among the very best. Duke’s graduate and professional schools — in business, divinity, engineering, the environment, law, medicine, nursing and public policy — are among the leaders in their fields. Duke’s home campus is situated on nearly 9,000 acres in Durham, N.C, a city of more than 200,000 people. Duke also is active internationally through the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School in Singapore, Duke Kunshan University in China and numerous research and education programs across the globe. More than 75 percent of Duke students pursue service-learning opportunities in Durham and around the world through DukeEngage and other programs that advance the university’s mission of “knowledge in service to society.”
Tucked between the growing cities of Raleigh, Cary, Durham and the corporate world of Research Triangle Park is an oasis of tranquility, a peaceful haven.
Here, two worlds merge as the sounds of civilization give way to the unhurried rhythm of nature. Highways fade in the distance as trees, flowers, birds and streams form a more natural community. William B. Umstead is a place to escape the pressures of everyday life, a place to picnic in the pines, to wait for a fish to bite, to take a hike or horseback ride on trails through the woods.
Divided into two sections, Crabtree Creek and Reedy Creek, this 5,579-acre park is easily accessible from Interstate 40 and US 70. Visit William B. Umstead State Park and enjoy this region of wilderness at the city’s doorstep.
Cedar Ridge Trail
Photographer: Jason Brown
- Durham Bulls Baseball
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- Jordan Lake
- Meymandi Concert Hall
- NC Museum of Art
- NC Zoo
- The Streets of Southpoint
- Umstead Park
- Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
My family and I relocated to the Triangle area in 2002. Now years later, we cannot image living anywhere else!
I’m a broker in the local office of Coldwell Banker. I represent buyers and sellers of luxury properties. If you have questions about this property, or any other, please call me at (919) 307-9750, email me using the form below, or visit my website . I look forward to speaking with you.
Welcome Home 919 Realty Group, LLC is an independently owned and operated member of Coldwell Banker Howard Perry & Waltson. All information in this site is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.
© Copyright 2017 Welcome Home 919 Realty Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.